Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Health Club Reimbursement, Sick Days
JOB SUMMARY: The Social Media Specialist plays an essential role in digital strategy and content creation, daily engagement, and metrics tracking on the social media team. This role will be responsible for ideating, creating, and shaping content to maximize share-ability and reach as well as engage in one on one interactions to foster community with target audiences. This person will also be an integral part of the overall digital strategy and customer engagement programs to increase website traffic and revenue for clients. Applicants for this role should have a solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that it is engaging on those channels.
- Ideates/creates content for target audience and implements strategies to increase community engagement.
- Engages with audiences across multiple platforms.
- Manages the daily, weekly and monthly editorial calendar clients.
- Continuously improves by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices.
- Participates in all social media team meetings and adheres to social media team process, guidelines and best practices.
- Works with internal partners to promote healthy cross-functional collaboration and communication.
- Assists social media team with team wide projects, campaigns, and responsibilities when necessary.
- Assists Director with day-to-day tasks as necessary.
- Attends and works social media events as needed.
- Researches industry trends and competitor landscape to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains expert knowledge of all relevant social media platforms
- Google AdWords Certified or willing to attain certification
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree (degree in PR, New Media, Marketing, Journalism, English, or Communication is preferred.)
1-2 years agency experience preferred
- Social media experience, passion, and or a strong understanding of social media channels
- Strong writing skills
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with strong multitasking and organization
- Proficiencies in basic graphic design, videography, video editing, or photography are a plus.